STOPit helps you align with David's Law
Learn about the new legislation's requirements for schools
Texas SB 179, "David's Law"
The Texas Education Code, §37.0832, is amended to include new requirements for school bullying policies & procedures:
- Revised definition of bullying
- Addition of cyberbullying prohibitions, on or off school grounds
- Anonymous reporting procedures
- Revised penalties for bullying/cyberbullying
David's Law Requires
- Anonymous Incident Reporting
- Parental Notification Procedures
- Intimate Visual Material Handling
- Law Enforcement Procedures
- Reported Incident Classification
- STOPit Mobile App
- Alerts/Email Parent Features
- Cloud-Based Architecture
- Escalate Incident Feature
- Incident Type & Reports
Request Info about STOPit & David's Law
* Required field
If we can save just one life ...
If we can save just one life with this bill, that in itself is worth it.
— Senator Donna Campbell
David’s Law co-author
Students were able to report sexual abuse...
We were able to stop a teacher/coach who had been sexually abusing students in our school and community.
— Dr. Andrew Williams, Principal
Tuacahn High School